- Private equity has bought $12 Billion of Citi debt assets,
- Private Equity invests $7 billion in Washington Mutual
- Another PE outfit is looking for banking assets:
The firm has been looking into loan and property portfolios of certain regional banks, even as the financial sector is rocked by the credit crunch, the report said.
- Wilbur Ross says he is looking at banks:
We intend to keep adding servicing ... because we think the mortgage business is fundamental to America. The mortgage business isn't going away; it's just going to have to be done in a different way going forward.
- All the distressed fund popping all over the place to take advantage of bargains in banks and financial assets.