- I don't "need" to buy, if my money is sitting in a money market fund that is ok.
- I need to make good investments.
- My first priority is to limit my downside risk, and I do not mean the statistical kind.
It is important that any investor to do well to "pick their spots" in several ways:
- businesses that you are familiar with and have some expertise from work or general interest
- investing process that you are competent in executing to analyze a business
- price levels that gives you comfort and confidence that you are not overpaying.